gay people are so.....

First of all, I want to apologize for having such homophobes as my parents...=0/

Anyway, my dad thinks that gay men had no actual father figure around to teach them how to be men, and my mom thinks that lesbians are just women that are so sexually provocative and slutty that they are willing to sleep with anyone...man or woman. These are just examples of their opinions of homosexuals...but it makes me wonder how many people have such ignorance about gay people.

If you believe homosexuality is a choice, what do you think are the reasons they chose that lifestyle?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 2:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry, but the only thing that's a choice is ignorance!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't. ... and no one would chose to be discriminated against for their life.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 2:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• homosexuality is not a choice. people who honestly believe that it's a choice are just ignorant.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Homosexuality IS NOT a choice....Homophobia IS.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have NEVER believed it was a choice! And most of the gay men I've known had very strong father figures, and the lesbians I know have mostly had fewer sexual partners than any of the straight people I know. I know those things weren't your personal thoughts, I'm just responding to them. I'm bisexual (with a female preference, even though I'm married now), and I sure as hell wouldn't screw just anyone! Eeew lol. I want to know the person I'm sharing my body with. I don't think that sexuality is a choice. The only choices involved with it are who you share yourself with and whether you're open about your sexuality or not. And ditto what Sabrina said. People can educate themselves if they want to, but many don't.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't know if it's a choice or not , but assuming it is, whether you and I or the neighbor like it or not, it's still THEIR choice :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 2:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If it were a choice, do they really think Dick Cheney's daughter would choose to be gay! lol.....I think not...

The only choice is to live a lie and not act on your natural attraction (gay or straight) or suppress it....Suppressing it usually works out really badly for that person

God made us all, gay and straight.....be you! : )

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• This is a subject I agree to disagree on.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• According to psychology it is still a choice. I think either way born with it or choosing it whats it matter? Its still a free country so they can choose what they like. Your dad though (forgive me) is an idiot. My older sons were raised by me and no real father figure and I have actually seen the opposite in my sons. The are weight lifters, go for the most attractive girls, play sports and laugh because they grew up never knowing about things like the super bowl. No one knows how anyone is going to turn out based solely on not having a father figure around.

Answer by gemgem at 2:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Is it a choice for a heterosexual person to be attracted to someone of the opposite sex? No. It is infuriating to me when I hear how heterosexuals seem to think that they are so very different from anyone in the LGBT community. We are all human. Humans are attracted to things - sometimes different. Can someone who is attracted to eyes be all that different from someone who's attracted to feet.

I am sorry that you were raised by parents with such views. The best way for you to find out, though, is to maybe talk to or befriend someone so that you can see it for yourself.
    BrandinaV

Answer by BrandinaV at 2:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011