How to get them to stop whining when the baby cries?

DS is 5 days old today. We have 5 dogs who are utterly fascinated by him. The only problem is they whine when DS cries. They're driving me bonkers!

furbabymum

Asked by furbabymum at 2:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pets

• There probably isn't much you can do about it but give it time. Once they see this will be a regualar thing, they'll stop.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Mine did the same for a few weeks. He was very nervous acting around the baby. It will stop they just have to get use to it.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I read somewhere to record the crying and play it to desensitize them. My Min-pin /Chihuahua mix still whines and my DD is 6 weeks.
    MamaCyjo

Answer by MamaCyjo at 2:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• it hurts their ears. You shouldn't let the baby cry for that long. Attend to the child and the whining (*and crying) will stop
    Anonymous

• The dogs are letting the baby know that they are there for him
    LilTiffanysmomm

Answer by LilTiffanysmomm at 4:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• awww...i think its cute......well, it would be annoying after while.....lol. they have to get used to baby and her sounds. they will stop. congrats on baby, and good luck with furbabies!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011