Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

anyone know any good lawyers? adult content

Two years ago my step-children brought to my husband and my own attention that there was sexual abuse going on in the bio-moms' home. When it went under investigation it was found that she was letting the kids watch porn on tv, she said she wanted to 'educate' them on sex so that they wouldn't want to have it until they got old enough. What wound up happening is she would let them experiment on each other as well as her and her husband (at the time he was her boyfriend).
CPS was about to take the kids away from her when she convinced them to say that the abuse was going on in both homes (in case this is hard to follow by them I mean the kids) and so that directed CPS to look at our home. The only thing they saw was that we needed a 3 bedroom home to house all the kids (at the time there was 4, but my son was an infant and slept in our room). We were able to get help with public housing, and they put us on foodstamps to help out with feeding all our kids. Since there was so many they also asked us to do parenting classes so that we could build up connections with other parents and have a support system. The one we went to gave us $100 after we completed the course as well as free meals during the classes and free childcare.
After helping us get on our feet, and using that chance to observe our kids, CPS concluded that the abuse was going on in her home, however, since the kids had recanted by this time, they said that their hands were tied and they couldn't persue the alligations anymore. Which I thought was hogwash since they could have requested the kids be placed in foster care the moment the first story came out so that she couldn't get them to change their minds. But that's something else.
Now my step-son has molested my 5 year old daughter. The ex-wife claims that my 5 year old seduced and molested my step-son, and she has stated that she is going to call CPS on me with those statements so that my daughter will get taken away from me. For those who want the full story I have it listed in my journals.
I have tried the websites for free legal aid, but they want $3000 up front for custody cases, and we just don't have that type of money. So, does anyone know any good lawyers that would be willing to help us? We don't blame my step-son as we know that it was becuase of her abusing him that he did this, but SOMETHING has to happen to get those kids away from her and there has to be SOMEWAY this situation can be used to prove she is abusing those kids.
I have everything the attorney would need to in the case, we just need someone more experienced than us to tred the waters of the court system.

Answer Question

Asked by momnstepmom at 2:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 15 (2,128 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • This is a criminal case not a civil case. CPS should be back in the picture with this new offense and their lawyers can take it over.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

  • craziest thing i have ever heard omg but u should google lawyers

    Answer by babyy_blue_eyes at 2:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.