Has anyone broken or dislocated tailbone while giving birth?

I just had my daughter two weeks ago and I was wondering how many other women had strong, sharp pain in their tailbone after giving birth. I am not sure if I hurt it giving birth or if it was from the epidural, but it hurts really bad. Especially when I bend or sit down. Have you had this happen and if so what did you do to ease the pain? Also I am breastfeeding so it has to be safe.

lovemyboys914

Asked by lovemyboys914 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Dislocated no...broken yes. It was a terrible pain, I couldn't move. It took about 2 months before the pain really went away. I carried a pillow around when I had to travel anywhere in the car for the first month. 9 years later...I still have a small sense of pain, discomfort more so on certain days, or if I have to sit on a hard surface (like bleachers) for an extended period of time. The tailbone could also be bruised, causing this pain. Bruised is a better option!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have dislocated it every time I have had my children. Just something that happens to me. With my last it was the worst. She was stuck on my tailbone and it took me an hour to get her off. But as soon as I got an adjustment from my chiropractor I was much better. I did need a few adjustments afterward but it was so much better after the first.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011