Fellow witches

How often do you do a spell completely by visualization? Have you ever, or do you always use at least one prop (like a candle, cauldron, etc.)?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not too often.

I'm a KitchenWitch so most of my spells are weaved into the Food I make.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• dancer, why would it be a joke?

OP, I don't work well with visualization only... I need more than that, I am to easily distracted otherwise.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Have often have your spells been effective to your knowledge?

I'm going to say 99% of the time. And I'm only saying that because I know I'm not perfect, so neither is my workings. But I've never not seen SOME kind of effect from my magick... Even if it's not always the effect I was going for.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I rarely do spell work... so I need the props. I use fire, so have to be a candle, a camp fire or a fire in the fireplace. ;o)
    Every spell I have done has been effective to my knowledge.           

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I used to use props every time, I went all out. Wrote my own spells, researched and thought long and hard. After about 10 years, I started to notice that the desired result would come about before I had gotten to the point of actually doing the spell. The ritual was great for me for a long time, but now, it just isn't the same. Now I focus on me, my actions and my thoughts. I get the same meditative help to gear me up for what I need to do just by thinking about it, planning for what I want and taking action in some way.
    BrandinaV

Answer by BrandinaV at 2:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I prefer having a prop(in my case, I much prefer candles). I dont do spell work often and its been effective when done.

I also want to note that its not just lighting the candle and visualizing and such that makes it effective...its the work I put into it before, during, and after the spell.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I can do it both ways, with/without a prop. For example, when I am writing a blessing for someone, it requires visualization of the person.

Spottedpony ... all of my blessings for other people have been effective. The spells I have done for me personally, I'd say about 90-95% effective. Sometimes I lack the focus that I need and don't quite get all the energy put into it. *shrug* It happens. Nothing is going to be 100%, at least not in my opinion.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If it is a formal ritual I will use props. A lot of my spells are a meditation then a chant with a lit candle. I would say most of my spells, props or not are 99.99% effective.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have an attention deficit problem so I need a focus point. I like candles and sometimes use crystals to help me focus my energy. But in a proper meditative state, you don't need any of these things. YOU are the magick. Tools just help.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• most of my spell work is done visually. the only time i use props is when i feel like i need more..... "umph"? sometimes i jus know i need more focus, especially if it is a very important spell. typically tho, i keep the props for rituals
    metalmommy2006

Answer by metalmommy2006 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011