I think I found a lump...

My right breast have been bothering me off and on with a very very dull ache under the areola area for a while now. The last two days it have been near constant. It almost feels like when you are first breast feeding and there is a small spot that get a little tender. But my breast is not sore to the touch. Today I was feeling it again trying to find sore area and didn't but I did find a small lump the size of a shelled peanut under the areola. I could not find one on the other breast... Is this abnormal or is it normal to find a lump under the nipple/areola area? I don;t want to spend $40 to be told I am paranoid. lol. It bothers me I can't find one to match on the other side though... no family history of breast cancer there is family history of cyst. I have no t breast fed in over 3 years!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 2:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• If you have a doctor who will tell you you're paranoid for $40, you need to find a more respectful doctor.

Think of it this way: $40 to be reassured? $40 to find out what it actually is?

'cause it's not 'nothing'...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I found a lump which turned out to be nothing but I surely would rather be "paranoid" for peace of mind.. *hugs* good luck!!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• can you go to a free clinic or something in your town?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The vast majority of breast lumps turn out to be benign. It could be fatty tissue, an infection of some sort, lots of possibilities. However, if you know it wasn't there before, it's always a good idea to get any suspicious lumps checked out. Breast pain is not usually a sign of cancer, but any changes in your breasts should be reported to a doctor.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Not to scare you but my 23 year old niece also found a lump last year and thought it was nothing but decided to go to the Dr and after some test found out she had stage 2 breast cancer rapidly growing and know is going through chemo for the past six months so please go see the DR and find out for sure I've had 2 sister before age 30 also find out they had breast cancer and since one has past at 39 sooo please please get checked out soon
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My doctor found a lump in my breast last week during my annual physical.  I'm going for a mammogram and ultrasound next week.

Your lump may be nothing but it may be something.  You NEED to get it checked!  Your life could depend on it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would get it looked at. What if it is serious?

horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 7:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2011