Facebook Question

Hi mamas. I have a question about facebook.

I had my account open for sometime, but after the drama that went on I deactivated for about a month, and reopened only because its my own way on keeping contact with family members from far away. Well, something was said by a family member again, so I deactivated. There was just major drama and I didn't want to give in to the immaturity. Well I opened it AGAIN, LOL, only to get my pictures off there, (I hadn't had those saved to my computer). After I got those, I quickly deactivated-I do not plan on opening it back up, although I know I can at anytime?

My question: Do people receive notifications if I activate, and deactivate, if that makes any sense? As I keep logging in, and then deactivating? Well, I only did this a few times as I said, but isn't the only way people on my list KNOW, is if they see me on there, then they don't...because its deactivated? Right? Maybe I am confusing you, lol.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• There is no notification that the account was closed. Your name would just disappear off their list. They may or may not notice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If you deactivated the acct then they just won't see you on there anymore. There is no notification to any of your fb friends.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Linda, your such a bitch. Lmao, why do you have to be so rude?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I hate facebook. I'm only on there because that's the best/only way to get to a lot of people I know because so many people love it.

I personally have a rule, no family members on facebook and I don't explain why. real reason is because my SIL was on myspace and she constantly harassed me, claiming my blogs were about her, threats, you name it.

so rather than having to do what i did on myspace and put certain people on the list to not see certain things, I just don't add them at all, and some are just flat out blocked.

facebook has a lot of weird rules, and seems pretty unstable in general.
    be careful using it at all in my opinion.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Why do you care?

And, no, I don't think others find out why you disappear from their friend's lists.

Of course, if you don't want to be part of the drama, you can click the little x next to the status feed and select how little of it you want to see, including blocking someone completely (which they also can't find out about)...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011