What do you think about this my 2 year old dd remembers things that happened when she was one ..

like for instance we went to Florida and Disney world this past summer and she remembers everything also the other day i typed my mil address on or GPS and the GPS repeat it and she came out and grandmas house just by the address is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son did / does similar things.. its amazing to me
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It is normal.

It will also be normal if she loses those memories before she's 14. Not everyone loses them, just as not everyone seems to form them (or can talk about them so other people know, if they do)...

There is a lot of variation in memory function.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That is excellent! She will probably forget this stuff when she is older, but it is so excellent she remembers now.
    My DD2 remembers people, mostly women. She remembers the route to gram gram's place and she remembers a lot of other stuff, but I have never really tested her on it. I think she remembered part of her trip to PR from when she was younger than one, when we went about 1 year later, but I can't be sure.
    I think you have an exceptionally smart kid in your hands.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 2:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, i think its normal, my daughter is like this too. She's almost 6 now...as new memories form the younger ones get more fuzzy... but when she was 2 and 3 she remembered EVERYTHING. I think we always hear that you don't really remember anything from age 4 or earlier, but when you ARE that age, you remember it...as time goes on you forget.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• my son is 5 and call clearly describe stuff from before he walked... some kids just have better memories... he is really smart though. i am sure your dd is too!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think it is normal. We moved about a year ago, and last week on our way home my 3 year old daughter yelled out, "Turn there. I want to go to the old house." She was correct; it was the street we turned on to go to our old house.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• its possible that they remember at that age. i remember things at 2. i really remember at 4 getting my head cut open and my mom tickling my feet to keep me alive
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 3:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That's amazing!
    MommyMexicano87

Answer by MommyMexicano87 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My DD does similar things... Just give her praise when she does it!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011