TV free activities for me and DH?

We have grown apart bc of TV and internet. But without them we get so bored. So what can we do together instead?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• My Dh and I have started going bowling, we also like to play cards and board games like scrabble. When we first started date night after the kids were a little older it was hard at first because he worked and I was home with the kids, so we usually only talked about kids and his work. Now that the kids are older it is easier and we instilled a rule of no talk about kids or work for the first 1/2 hour.

We also like to take long walks and sometimes we even play rock band together.

Good Luck and have fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Have sex.
    Anonymous

• Go for a walk. Read to each other (dh and I read different newspapers and share things of interest --to the other person-- that we wouldn't see otherwise). Go to live performances (music in the park, festivals, theater, concerts --even local bands are fun to watch and it's cool to be 'in' on up and coming musicians). Go window shopping, take classes together, go to tasting events (local stores put them on, and they're often free or really cheap 'cause they want to sell their products), dine out, volunteer together, walk through a local park or along a beach or riverbank intentionally to pick up garbage, or to look for birds or wildlife of plants, paint or sketch, photography, take up geocaching, or jogging or a martial art, work out at the gym or play music together --perform for local seniors facilities or children's hospitals, take up clowning or juggling or dancing...

I dunno. What do you like to watch? Do it instead...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Linda had a lot of good suggestions. We do the crossword puzzle together and sometimes play online trivia games together.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• We also get caught up in the do your own thing too. Sometimes it is fun to people watch. We will sit in the mall and just watch. We do it together and rarely comment on any one person, but it is a fun way to sit quietly together.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• sOME GREAT SUGGESTIONS BUT ALSO SOME EXPENSIVE ONES. GOING FOR WALKS IS GOOD ALONE TIME AND HEALTHY, PLAYING GAMES ARE FUN BUT PLAYING TRUTH OR DARE WITH YOUR HUSBAND....HILARIOUS AND A GREAT WAY TO GET TO KNOW EACHOTHER ALL OVER AGAIN AND BEST OF ALL FREE! GIVE EACHOTHER SENSUAL MASSAGES, COOK TOGETHER HAVE HIM FIND A RECIPE AND THEN THE NEXT NIGHT YOU PICK. DO THE LITTLE THINGS TOGETHER LIKE GROCERY SHOPPING ETC. COME UP WITH NEW WAYS TO SPICE THINGS UP IN THE BEDROOM AS WELL;)
    simonsmama2022

Answer by simonsmama2022 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• a nice boardgame invite some friends over for some dinner & game night after dinner & just have a goodtime
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• What did you both do before you got married? What interested you both? Just last night, we cut on the music and just relaxed together. Quite nice and a change from the boob tube. We play games together and with the kids. Go on outings to places we have never been, go to comedy shows, take walks, or get involved in other groups..like Cubscouts. We both enjoy that together. Find things that interest you both, or try something new, join a club together, lol, start a card game night with friends.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 7:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2011