39 weeks and not feeling baby move very much..?

I'm 39 weeks pregnant and the baby hasn't been moving much the last few days.. almost like he has just stopped. I went to the doctor and heard the heartbeat yesterday, but it took the doctor about 30 seconds or so just to find the heartbeat which made me nervous.. Doctor seemed fine about it, never said anything. Maybe he was just in a weird position that made it difficult to find? Did any of your babies stop moving b/c they ran out of room?

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 2:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There is no more room in there anymore. That's normal.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yup. Its normal for them to not move so much toward the end because there is no room.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sometimes they simply run out of room! If ur doc was not concerned, then I don't think u should stress out over it!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 2:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• at 39 weeks is the head down? cuz then you wouldn't have tons of movement other than kicks.... are u doing kick counts?

My most recent pregnancy my daughters head was crazy high, jammed up in my lung/rib region so she had an extra lot of leg room (since it's where her head SHOULD have been) and her kicking was hardcore, could see through my clothing

my oldest child at 39 weeks was very out of room and moved minimally...... we rented from the internet a doppler for like $10 a week to put my mind at ease. ur so far along though..... try to not worry and trust in whatever your dr and your gut instinct tells ya
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• yes it dose slow down but you should feel the baby move some i would do your kick counts 10 when you get up and 10 before you go to sleep give it a hr if nothing then have some oj and go kick back you most feel 10 when i was 18 with my 1st son no one told me about the kick counts just said it was normal not to feel them as much well i want to the dr and my baby had past away stillbron at 38 week so do 10 in the am 10 in the pm
    mommy223326

Answer by mommy223326 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was 39 weeks and I had to go to hospital cause I didn't feel baby move for about four hours. Worst feeling, but everything turned out fine. Most people say that the baby gets really active the last month, but it was the opposite for me. Some babies just don't have a lot of room and don't move as much. It drove me crazy. If their was a problem your doctor would have said something. Hope this helps!
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 3:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i had that happened at 32 weeks and if i would not have went in my son would have died in my womb from an infection, he had also pooped in his home as i like to call it. they did an emergency c section that day, so if you feel something is wrong just get checked again i would it is better to be safe then sorry.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• not enough room for baby!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 4:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011