What can cause pains in the breasts?

It doesn't feel like the tenderness I remember from pregnancy, and I don't think I'm pregnant because I'm 12 days late but all tests say negative so we're gonna go with that for now. It feels like a prickling or poking shoots through them occasionally...and they ache here and there...and then it goes away. It gets worse when I'm cold. They also feel heavier than usual, but there are no unusual lumps when I checked them. I'm scheduled in about a week for my yearly exam anyway, so I'm going to bring it up then, but has anyone experienced this aside from being pregnant?? What did it turn out to be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• Ha ha ha.

You're very likely pregnant. 12 days late, with these symptoms, and so what you're not excreting enough hCg yet to be picked up on a pee test?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was told by my Dr that it is breast fibroids/fibrous tissue and it usually flares up when I've had too much caffeine. I had never heard of such a thing before but several of my friends all said that they experience it as well. Definitely ask your Dr though, just in case:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• See, I don't want to assume that because I know the mind does weird things sometimes. I didn't want to be pregnant though, so I don't think it's wishful thinking...and my husband was ya know...playing with the girls and asked why the right one felt heavier. I've been sleeping more, but thought it was aunt flo finally making an appearance. Now I'm just confused. LOL. I was SURE that by 11 days late (took the most recent test yesterday) I'd surely get a BFP if I was...so now I'm worried about what might REALLY be going on. :-\
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Oddly enough...it's worse today and this is the first day in awhile I've had very little caffeine. Withdrawals? LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I had the same pain like a pinching/shooting pain here & there. I went for a Mamography & I had multiple breast cysts. I went to a Surgeon & had them aspirated with a needle. They were just filled with fluid. One cyst was the size of a lemon. It was instant relief after they were aspirated. At the time, I was drinking a lot of Ice-Tea mix drink. As soon as I stopped drinking the Tea, I stopped feeling the cyst pain. I started drinking it again about a year later & the pain started again. I stopped & now no more pain at all.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have breast pain often..my doc says it's from hormones? I durno..I plan to bring it up to her again, cause it's not any fun.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011