I am having a new friend over for lunch and her kids. What are some fun things I can make that are easy and I would like to offer variety!

I do not mind making seperate thing for the kids. I would like to make a FUN/interesting lunch. What should I offer to drink that is a bit different? I do not get out much so I kinda what to do this up!! But I do not know what to offer since I am not sure what everyone likes!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• It'd do differebt kinds of finger sandwiches, cut up fruit and veggies, dips for them, capri suns for kids to drink and maybe raspberry tea for ya'll
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You can make ants on a log. You can make cupcakes in ice cream cones. Then maybe some chips and salsa for you and the friend and some taco salads? You can make regular salads for the smaller kids with some chopped up pepperoni or ham so they can build their own salads.

Answer by gemgem at 2:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Pasta with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot
    Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss g

Answer by rkoloms at 3:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2011