How long can a kid be in a toddler bed?

In your opinion when is a child "too old" for a toddler bed? I have an almost 2 year old in a toddler bed and an almost one year old. Should I buy a second toddler bed or keep him in a crib until my oldest gets a twin bed?

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 2:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd say as long as the child fits in a toddler bed but you can move to a bigger bed once you're sure they won't fall out.
    Anonymous

• I would keep the younger one in a crib until the older one gets a twin bed. All of my kids went straight from a crib to a twin/full size bed around 2.

Answer by missanc at 2:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i kept my dd in one until she was almost 3 b/c she got too long for it so we got her a twin bed
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I never used tolder beds so if it were me I would keep my youngest in the crib until the older one is going to get a twin bed. My oldest and middle child were in twin beds at 18 months.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• my kids are close in age like urs. my ds was in a toddler bed at 1 yr because i was expecting dd. he was in the toddler bed for about 6 months before we got him a twin when we moved to chicago. dd was in a toddler bed at 13 months. she went to a twin at 16 months because she is a roller and needs some more space. so in their room we have their 2 twin beds and they both sleep pretty well.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 3:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• well i got my 2 year old dd in a toddler bed but i got it at ikea and its much longer and wider then a regular toddler bed
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My DD just turned 3 and she's still in a toddler bed. She fits in it just fine, but she did recently show interest in the twin bed in our guest bedroom. I imagine she'll be ready to switch any time now, but I don't have any reason to push it until she decides she is ready.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 3:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Plan on Buying two twin Beds for my boys when we get our new place but I say if they are fine sleeping where they do you really dony have to change anything
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• We never wasted money on a toddler bed, we just went straight to twin. But if they still fit in a toddler bed, why wouldn't you keep them in it. You paid good money for it, get your moneys worth out of it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• hmm idk but i would guess as long as the child fits in the bed and u dont have the problem where they tend to fall of the bed while sleeping
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 6:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011