Sobbing on the floor (some better, thanks)

Can't take anymore. I'm at home with a baby & toddler. Have nobody to call or go visit. So tired of constantly taking care of others. When hubby finally gets home after work & school I feed him and clean up after him as well & keep the kids quiet so he can study. Then when I just want to sleep at night I have to take care of wifely duties as well. Then I'm up at night caring for babies again. Babies crying......always cleaning.....
I just want to throw in the towel.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are wrong. You have 2 people in this world that love you more than anything, even if they can't express it. Your kids. You are their world and even though it might be hard at times and they might act up, meaning the world to someone is one very special gift. There are people in this world dreaming to have the love of a child that they just cannot make happen for whatever reason, and you have 2. Whenever you are feeling down, remember that somewhere in this world, someone would give anything to trade places with you, because their circumstances are much worse. I agree with dalimonster and I think you need to talk to your DH about this. He might have a lot on his plate too, but if yours is getting stacked too high, he might need to take some things off your shoulders even just for a little bit. Obviously he's doing alright, and you are having a breakdown. So some balancing needs to be fixed. Hang in there!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hang in there. Don't give up yet. Sounds like you might also have a touch of the baby blues. Have you talked to your husband about this?
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Hang in there and it sounds like you could use a night out with the girls or a date night! do you have a sitter? mom and dad? these help me a ton
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• See, I think you need to talk to him even if you think he has enough on his plate. Sounds like your plate is spilling over. He needs to make some time to give you a break. Even if it's 30 minutes for you to just take a hot bath and relax.
    Weaning off antidepressants is not easy, add to that the kids, the chores, the wifely duties, you can feel pretty overwhelmed. He needs to give you some sort of break, or at least moral support!
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I agree, even with his studying, you must consider telling him you just cannot do it all. OR, let something go...wifely duties would be first on my list. Second would be cleaning. Enough is enough. You cannot do EVERYTHING. You are not superwoman. Tell him. Tell him you're cracking and if wants to come home to a living wife over a dead one, then he needs to help. At least for a little while. Or he needs to pay for a sitter so you can sleep or breathe. Just lay down the law. Because you tell me, WHAT is the alternative?
    Anonymous

• Take a deep breath. You brought 2 babies into the world so clearly you are no weakling. That being said, we all reach the end of our rope sometimes. Obviously if you are weaning off anti-depressants then you have to know that some of these feelings are a result of decreasing your medication. My first thought would be that you need to find a way to pay for those- cut every cost you can, apply for some kind of aid, anything you can do. If you were diabetic you wouldn't stop taking insulin because of the cost. You need those medications to function at your best and to care for all of those people depending on you. I know it's hard but how will your hubby feel if you end up in the hospital and then it's all on him? You need to take care of you. Do you exercise regularly? I have read that regular exercise can combat depression- put those kids in the stroller, put on boots if there is snow, and get some exercise. And hang in there!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If someone doesn't know you need help then they can't give it to you. Sometimes we need to give our husband's a chance to step up by asking them to do it. You worry about all that he has on his plate, and it's not fair to not let him help you shoulder your burdens as well. You can't just go into this tailspin and cry all day and not give him a chance to help you. As for your meds, maybe you need a change if you are getting aches, etc. Can you give a call to the doctor, if money is an issue let them know and they may work with you.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• He has enough on his plate. I'm weaning off antidepressants because we can't afford them & b/c of side effects.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• There is no one. My mom is very critical if I ever sound like I can't handle things...almost like she enjoys it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have no girlfriends...isn't that pathetic?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011