Shooting at Gardena High School South of LA - not a lot of info yet

As many as three people were injured Tuesday in what may have been an officer-involved shooting at Gardena High School, south of Los Angeles, FOX News reported.

According to KTTV-TV/FOX 11 in Los Angeles, police were apparently searching for a student who may have brought a gun to the campus

The shooter is reportedly a student who went into the school wearing all black, opening fire. They believe the gunman may still be on campus. While police search for the shooter, the high school is on lockdown and an elementary school directly across the street is also on lockdown.

Charis76

Asked by Charis76 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• 3 kids are in the hosp. The student who shot them claims to have had it in his backpack and dropped the bookbag and the gun went off accidentally shooting 3 students. Its on Fox News. Tons of coverage.

Answer by gemgem at 3:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• oh no......gun control anyone?
    Anonymous

• I'm so tired of these shootings! When will it ever stop?
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I can't wait for all of the knee-jerk reactions this time. (eye roll)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The gunman is in custody. He looked like a little punk, maybe 14-15 yrs old. I wonder if this was Palins fault?
    Anonymous

• Sad hope the victims will be ok

Oh yeah Lori it has already started look at anonymous...
    boils down to this you cant take all of our right to have guns away and expect criminals to not still obtain them..they will!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• correct me if I am wrong, but Cali laws on handguns are pretty specific, aren't they?... Including the mandatory Handgun Safety Certificate/purchase through dealers only, etc.... So, I wonder if it will come down to a parental issue or illegally obtained firearm, which is also a parental involvement issue.. Either way, where the kids parents teaching responsibility? Ohh wait, enter SOME blaming society...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• oh no......gun control anyone?

No Thanks! But thanks for asking!
    Charis76

Comment by Charis76 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• "I wonder if this was Palins fault?"

LOL! Someone has to take the blame! Forget about the kid who brought the gun... it was probably Bush who made this thing happen. Whatevs, I'm glad they have the little jerk and no one was killed.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm thinking he got the gun off the streets but maybe not
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011