do you think this is christain?

i will say this i am a christain and love everyone , and well be freinds with everyone but who do you consider better , me who is freinds with everyone no matter what their beliefs and i still tell that i think i am right and they re wrong when we are talking about it , or the christain who is actting hollier than thow , you see i say this because i applied for a certain christain group who denied me , when i asked why they said cause there was an athetist on my freinds list , i said well so if they are they need to hear from me more but they rufsed me cause i have a freind on my list that beliefs different they said that person hates God and if your freinds with her you better pray lol i think that this is one time i think i will call myself better than someone else when i show i love everyone no matter what just like Jesus

almts915

Asked by almts915 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The fact they denied u because of the atheist on ur friends list is sad.... how do they know how u might be able to reach this person. they were wrong. they really need to open up there bible and see who Jesus hung out with... of course the 12 disciples but also sinners. We are to be like Christ.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i still tell that i think i am right and they re wrong when we are talking about it , or the christain who is actting hollier than thow

There is little difference between these two! Telling someone you're right and they're wrong IS acting holier than thou!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Now saying you disagree with their beliefs because your beliefs teach you something different is not acting holier than thou.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Jesus loved everyone. I don't think anyone can tell what a person's heart looks like by looking at their friends. The only one that knows your heart is the Lord. How can they know if you're Christian or not? Doesn't make sense. It sounds like a "click" type of thing and I wouldn't want ot be a part of it in that case.

Also, try not to get caught up in comparing yourself to others...that's a mistake lots of people make...I still do it but I try to catch myself.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i am not comparing myself as trying to understand their thinking and kristi i am not educated like you when i say i am right and you are wrong it is the same as saying i disagree to me cause i know we dont agree but that is fine i dont hate you and i dont think i am better than you , it is just like in my marriege there alot of times i am right and alot that my husband is , when i am right i certainly dont think i am better than him
    Anonymous

• no... i'd say that's very un-Christian. if they are truly concerned about your association with an atheist, why wouldn't they help you?

what's with all the worrying about who's right and wrong and Christian or not? you can only control your own self, so make sure you are acting according to your beliefs and think about your motivation.

I think you are getting crap about saying you let others be themselves and you are yourself and stick to your beliefs... it's just the way it was worded.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• by the way thanks for the post the last was me too i dont know why it showed uo anon
    almts915

Answer by almts915 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• WOW! If they are calling themselves Christians then who are they to judge who can love God and who can't. I think it's great that you are friends with who you are. I'm the same way as you girl. I have all sorts of friend and we all base our opinion as an opinion as friends and learn from one another. Wat to go with the way you feel!
    ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 1:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well you are not spoused to judge.... and i think its good to have nonbeliever around, it gives you the opurtunity to try and save them!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• When we use the internet to communicate we must be careful of the words we choose when conveying a message so we don't offend others because we cannot convey the tone of our voices. We have to be more careful and choose our words wisely so that our message is clear and not as easily confused. So because our tone cannot be represented a simple statement such as "I'm right, can come off as condescending, claiming superiority, judgmental, etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008