Picky Eaters...HELP!

I have a daughter who is 3 1/2 and twin boys who just turned 2.
They never eat the same thing at the same time and it's driving me crazy!
We had PBJ's for lunch today and only my DD ate hers.
This is an EVERYDAY thing! HELP?! Anyone have any suggestions? This just isn't at lunch either!....All day long!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you do not give them a choise. You will not have this problem.
    Put food in front of them and tell them either eat it or nothing else tell the next meal. You do this. They will stop being like this.
    I never had this problem. My kids ate what I fixed. I never asked them what the wanted either. I just made something for them and put it in front of them.

Answer by louise2 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Run out of the foods you do not want your children eating, and then don't replace them.

Offer only foods that are healthy, fresh and let your kids select from those foods what, when and how much they eat.

If you don't have the foods you don't want them eating around, how can they get them? Do they grocery shop themselves?

It may help you to know that normal toddlers and young children have very small appetites because they don't need much food for a while, when they're not growing as fast as they were.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Make it fun! We used dipping itty bitty bowels and everything was dipped. I mean really from, ranch, jelly, and so on. It was only the choices of what kind of dipping sauce was to be used. I also did not offer any meal choices, only dipping choices. Snacks all day were in zip lock sandwich baggies. It was offered in a baggie. This would take the focus off the food and onto unzipping and reaching into the baggie. You may try snacks in small brown bags and making them surprise bags. Offer "wow ,what is in this bag for you"? Let them choose the bag. If you have three 'Lil ones make sure they all have the same thing or that will bring up more issues........lol.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011