what do you plan on doing for your kids for Vday ?

mommato2boys79

Asked by mommato2boys79 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Holidays

• my daughter is 4 1/2 and we'll be getting mommy/daughter mani pedi's together. I am SO EXCITED. she has no clue. her brother will have a party in school (kindergarten) and i know she is very sad/jealous. last yr they were in preschool together and had a big party. so i'll give her a valentine card w/ a coupon or money for our adventure inside.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Same thing we do every year. I ask them what their favorite dinner and I make them each what they want. It is the only day that I will cook more than one meal. I make a special appitizer for everyone and then we sit to a candle light dinner together. After dinner we usually play a board game and once the kids have gone to bed, DH and I watch a movie together.

Always a great time!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• we are having a birthday party since its my dd 1st birthday!! :-) and we will get her a lil stuff bear!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• As for the first poster, I think of Valentine's day as a day to celebrate love, not a celebration of lovers, lol.

I am the only girl of 3 boys, and the youngest, when growing up my dad gave me a single pink rose every Valentine's day, I can not tell you how much I loved that and how special I think that is to this day. I think I'll suggest my DH do the same for my daughter. Its so sweet!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• They usually get a small thing of candy, an outfit and a small toy. Our girls are 3 and 8.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 3:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My daughter will bring Valentine's in for the kids in her class, and at home they will each get cards, a small heart box of chocolates and maybe a little something else.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My dd will have a party at school so we will do that and the normal cards they pass out. For each kid on their own this year I plan to give the older ones $25 gift card and some candy. My 10 yr old is getting a new game for his nintendo Dsi. My dd is 5 so I will probably just her a toy or something she likes and some flowers.

Answer by gemgem at 3:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I used to make breakfast for dinner. We would have red panny cakes, pink eggs and strawberry jam on toast. It is a way to carry on the holiday of St. Valentines. You should see our St. Patricks day breakfast for dinner.......lol.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• While SO is at work. We will be making him valentine cards together, then lunch with my dad (he will always be my first and very special valentine. I am extremely close to him and my mom, and my dad will always be my valentine. He even sends me a card, and gifts every year from a "secret admirer", that just happens to have his handwriting :) ), and then.. I dpnt know what the plans are. SO has made the plans and says it's a surprise!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Chocolate, Blu-Ray and a cute shirt.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011