Should I keep this pregnancy?

I was dating someone for over year till 2009 nye when we broke up. We recently met and slept together a couple times. I am pregnant and am age 40, never had baby before and am sad bc I always wanted this but only problem is I am single and do not have great income and can barely feel myself at times.I alos have a tiny studio apt. I realize this may be my first & last chance, what should I do? I am not confident I can manage alone yet it breaks my heart to think of abortion, He of course does not want this. Thank you and any response would be much appreciated.

bluebetty718

Asked by bluebetty718 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Adoption is always an option.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 3:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes, you should take responsibility. And have your baby.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Keep the baby, by law he is finically responsible for the baby just as much as you. If you don't keep the baby, you will forever regret it, you will always be wondering 'what if'
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Are you asking if you should kill your baby? NO but if you feel you can't take care of the baby you can always put it up for adoption. A lot can change in 9 months, if you want to change your mind about adopting and keep the baby you can always do that but if you abort, it is too late, you can't change your mind
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• jls, IT? A precious baby girl or boy, is not an IT.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't terminate my own pregnancy unless there was a more compelling reason to do so, but I would NEVER try to tell another woman what is in HER heart and mind. I have a lot of family support, so no dad would probably be a non-issue. However, if it was, I might consider adoption. There are so many loving families that want a child to raise. BUT, I wouldn't make any decisions until the very end b/c you never know how your situation will change by the time the baby is born.

This is a tough one, I hope you have others to talk this over with.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 3:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If a child is something you want then yes keep it raise your child and love them with everything you have even if the father doesnt want to be involved...you can do it strong women everywhere do it everday....if however you do not want to raise a child adoption is always a option but do not terminate your pregnancy...you were given this child for a reason keep that in mind
    MrsMeyers925

Answer by MrsMeyers925 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I know at time it might be hard and you might feel lost at times, if it were me I would keep the baby. I was 22 when I got pregnant with my first child and my SO at the time walked away. I knew it would be hard although I also knew I didn't want anything more in the world then the baby that I was carrying. That was almost 14 years ago and while it was hard at first now I don't regret keeping the baby and he has turned into a wonderful young man who makes my like special every day.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think in your heart, you want this child and God has taken the reigns and has made the decision for you. You are right...this could be your last chance, and even at 40, some people do have a really difficult time getting pregnant...so that's a mini-miracle in itself. Like babybugsmama said, it doesn't matter if he doesn't want the child, the father will have to help financially in some way regardless. There are a lot of ways you can cut the cost of a new baby. Breastfeeding is one way, buying hand-me-down clothing from consignment shops or friends, using generic diapers...etc. etc. There is a way to save money so that its not so overwhelming. Not to mention, there is always some kind of government help if you truly need it. I believe abortion is wrong and is murder. You can change this "mistake" into a gift...which I truly believe ever child is.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes! Keep it! This baby is sent from God & may be your last chance. Everything ALWAYS works out for our best interest in the end! I had my Son at 39 & I thank God every day. This baby will bring you happiness that you never thought you could have. I speak from experience. I wish you the best & stay healthy for that little miracle!! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011