I accidentally closed this question earlier... My 4yo son told me that his 9y0 cousin touched his wee-wee while he was in the bed. I spoke with th 9yo and he says it didn't happen. But my 4yo has graphic detailed info. How do I know who to believe. I know my son and I feel in heart that he is telling me the truth. But I don't want to tell the 9yo that he can't stay over anymore if this is not true. My 4yo knows the difference between the telling truth and not telling the truth.

I do understand that he is only 9... I may have reacted differently if he was a teenager. I did find out that the 9yo was molested when he was 2 or 3 years old. He has also been to a psychiatrist for this.  I have never had any issues with my son about this.  Thanks for any suggestions....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Let your heart be your guide. Children seldom make this up. If in fact this little boy is dealing with abuse recovery it's time to share with his parents. Always validate your children. Explain you are sorry this happened to him. Make sure he knows he did the right thing telling mommy. Remind him that NO ONE ever is to touch his bathing suit areas. This is not a Crucifixion of this 9 year old but a lesson early for your son about appropriate touching. Good luck sweetie. Use this incident to teach your baby this is never okay, Believe him, always!

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• in cases like this always believe your son he wouldnt have told you this unless something made him feel very uncomfortable
    MrsMeyers925

Answer by MrsMeyers925 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Omg u beileve ur 4 year old , that child would not make that up . U just have to supervise ur child and his cousin , and u shouldnt talkt o the 9 year old u should talk to his parents (guardian) it has to be adressed if not he will probably do it to other kids or fall victim himself again .. and dont let them sleep in bed together
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I agree, he can visit but he can't be alone with the little one. The psychiatrist should have warned the family about this type of behavior. Those molested often repeat the offense against others. I'd believe the son. You can always just tell the 9 yr old he's too old to be sleeping with someone else and let him sleep on the couch or let your son sleep in your room and the 9 yr old have the bed to himself.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't let the 9 tear old be alone with your son again. I would believe your son. why would he lie?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would just have the 9yo not sleep in his bed anymore....
    Anonymous

• I would also talk to his parents. No matter what they say I wouldn't let him be alone with him.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Well, why risk it? If it is true and you do nothing about it....imagine how your child will feel when he is older.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• So if it is true that the 9yo cousin is molesting your 4yo son. You would still let him stay over and keep molesting your son just because you don't want to make the cousin feel bad???

I just would not invite him over any more.  If I had to let him stay over. My son would sleep with me.  The cousin would never be left alone with my som. Just in case it did happen.

Answer by louise2 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i wouldnt let them sleep in the same bed anymore
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011