QUICK...HELP!!!! SOCIAL SEC. NUM.

So dd's grandmother just called (dad's side) and she wants my dd's (both) kids' SSN, because she's getting a bond for there birthday! ..... I don't feel comfortable giving her there SSN, but that is there dad's mom....what do I do? She says in order to get a bond, the bank needs there full correct name, and social security number.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• They could use thier own SS number to purchase it in your sons name. The purpose of the SS is to trace it down in case it was lost.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• to have the bonds properly in your childs name they must have their full name, date of birth and social. I gave my daughters to my step mother b/c she is the beneficiary on one of her lfe ins policies
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'd ask to go to the bank with her..and fill out information Yourself that way you dont have to give it out..if thats possible
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Do you have any reason not to trust her? If so, tell her you will contact the bank directly to give the personal details.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• This is a requirement and has to be done. This is family and the trust should be there. She is wanting to better their future, so let her. I have had them give to my grand children and there has never been any problems. Find out, ( for your peace)then give her what she needs.
    Caring1

Answer by Caring1 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• my husband's grandmother purchased bonds for all 3 of our daughters for Christmas and did not ask for their socials. i do not think it is necessary in order to buy one.. maybe to open an account to put them into, but not just to get the bonds themselves.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011