Do you groom your own dog, or take them to a groomer?

Asked by Musicmom80 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pets

• i have 6 dogs and i bathe all of them, the only one who requires more attention is the irish terrier, just have to trim his eyebrows and moustache

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• both i take mine in every three months and in the middle i do brushing nail trimming and baths when they get grimy feeling or smelly.

Answer by laura970 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think I'm going to attempt a haircut on my chorkie. I have been cutting people hair for 6 years. I do all the bathing now.

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• groom myself

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I take them to the groomers. I give them baths, but my maltipoo's hair is impossible. I trim his face in between appts.

Answer by AntoinetteF at 3:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I bathe my own dogs. The BRT I do his paws, testicles, penis and ears. His breeder grooms the rest of him.

Answer by Acid at 3:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i bath my own since paying a groomer when you can do it yourself unless it has special needs like a poodle

Answer by LilTiffanysmomm at 4:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have taken my biggest dog to the groomer for baths when I first got him. But I was having back problems and could not force this 80 pound baby into the tub by myself. Now I have him trained to get in and out of the tub on command and do all of the grooming myself. Not that my guys need all that much.

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• MIne don't require grooming, just bathing. I bathe them myself, except for when I was pregnant. My dogs are both ~ 60 pounds.

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have 3 Yorkies,1 Shih Tzu ans 2 Dachshunds which I do all of their grooming.The ST takes the longest since she is in full coat.

Answer by Tikismom at 11:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011