Weight gain in First Trimester??

I was wondering how much weight everyone gained during their first trimester. I'm at the end of my first trimester and have already put on about 15 pounds!!!!

lyndsey1788

Asked by lyndsey1788 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Maybe 5 pounds with both of my pregnancies. I gain the most weight the end of the 2nd trimester.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I lost weight with each one of mine. 1st - 5lbs, 2nd - 6lbs and 3rd - 15lbs.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I gained 8 lbs. in the first
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 3:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• baby #1 probably less than 5 pounds

baby #2 not so sure... was very sick. by delivery I was around 48 pounds less than I was at 1st prenatal exam
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• At the end of my first trimester with this one I actually lost half a pound. Most my weight comes in the thrid.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i dont remember, i just know that it's important not to gain too much in the beginning because inevitably you will gain the most in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, and then once you've gained it you can't really get it off til after you have the baby lol. but sometimes in pregnancies you can gain a gargantuan amount of weight at one of your doctor visits and the next time you go you've only gained like a pound or two, and it can remain stagnant for weeks. just make sure you're drinking enough water and walking as much as you can, other than what you eat this is the best way to stay healthy during your pregnancy. congrats :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• the end of my first trimester i gained 5lbs with my first and with my 2nd i gained 2lbs
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• None. I do most of my gaining 2nd trimester. A little advice from someone who gained 60 lbs her first pregnancy, take it easy if you can because once that baby is out, it's quite a bit of work to get all that weight off.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• about 8lbs i gained at the end if the first trimester!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 4:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I gained 15 lbs in the first trimester with my first baby, but with my second one I'm at 23 weeks and have just now gained 15lbs, so I think it is different for everyone. Don't worry about what others did or didn't gain. It is really different for everyone. I gained 50lbs with my first and lost it all within 6 months.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011