No clue if it ok to cook and eat

can I partially defrost a tri tip roast and put in back in the fridge to cook the next day. Like it was sitting out defrosting but wan't done so I put it on defrost for 10 min in the micowave still wasn't completely done so I just covered it and stuck it back in the fridge to cook the next day after it defrosted the rest of the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• yes it's safe. I do it all the time. I'll take something out for dinner and leave it on the stove/counter to dethaw and hubby will decide he doesn't want it so in the fridge it goes. We've kept it in there for up to two days before and it's been fine.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 4:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I will assume that it still felt cold to the touch when you put it back in the fridge.yes. you are good to go.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Yes
    SuperMom171614

Answer by SuperMom171614 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011