Uhhh...that smell! Maybe TMI

Ok, so here's the thing. My Mom came to visit for a week while my husband was out of the country, and she has bladder control issues. She slept in my bed and wore and adult diaper for the whole time, except for the last night...anyway she forgot to put on the diaper thing and she peed on the couch. I felt terrible for her so I didn't make it a big deal, besides, there are covers that I can take off and wash. I washed the covers, and febreezed it to death, but there is still a smell! Is there any special trick anyone knows to get the smell out?

momof3josephs

Asked by momof3josephs at 4:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• oxyclean works wonders on my dog's slip ups so I would assume for humans too.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 4:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• get some of that pet smell spray. if it can remove cat pee smell,mom pee is easy!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• LOL Mom pee....thanks guys I will give it a shot. I was hoping there would be some mixture of stuff I already have, like vinegar or lemon juice or something...
    momof3josephs

Comment by momof3josephs (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• when we were potty training my dd, she had accidents on the couch too...i read somewhere that soapy water mixed with vanilla worked, and i tried it, and it did after scrubbing it 2-3 times.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 5:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• try using baking soda in the wash
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Your mom has a bladder isusse that needs medical attention and use bleach or tide with bleach on your sheets
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 6:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You want to get this stuff from a pet store - it works wonders for pet odor, so I'm sure it will work for you.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2011