closing a facebook account.

how do you close out a facebook account? im so sick of it and sick of seeing everyones drama and certain people trying to pick fights. i dont want to just delete them as friends i just want ot delete the whole account. how would i do that?

laura970

Asked by laura970 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Technology

• Under "account" go to "help center" and on the right you can click on "delete account" under common searches.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Go to account setting, then deactivate account. It doesn't fully delete it, you can always sign back into ur FB using ur email addy/password. But once u click deactive, put in the capatcha code, it's gone......until u sign in again.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i did that too. got tired of it all. under account info. i believe is where you close it. take down pics of your kids first.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 4:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• thanks. sometimes i think that family should not be able to be on your facebook page. they tend to want to try and control you or they try to pick fights and get into your business a little too much. that and i would like to be able to say as i please and not have to keep walking on egg shells. isnt your facebook page supposed to be about you and not be controlled by others? my goodness im 29 years old married own a house with two kids you think im old enough to speak my mind and not to have to hold my tongue at every little time i want to post something.
    laura970

Comment by laura970 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• go to account settings and deacitvate account.
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 4:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You can alway reactivate and go on and then deactivate if you want. Just follow passwords and also type the coded words to go back on as you please. Been there doen that and that is why I dropped out also . I am so much happier off facebook.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I recently deleted mine...only for temporary reasons. Go to privacy and you can close your account. It will ask you some questions as to why you want to close it and whether you want to close it for good or just temporarily.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 1:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Facebook is not for everyone even though it is the in thing to do. SO what it is not the right fit for everyone. I am one. I honestly do not care about the mudane things people do or think throughout the day. It is definitely from the book by George Orwell 1984 thought control and it has defintiely pccurred just like the book suggested. I enjoy the photo part of friends and family but the lack of privacy into so many aspects including complete strangers with their profiles and pics is just so randomly odd and just wtf cares to me. I wish you the best with fb but it is not all that.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011