what's the worst thing a teacher ever said or did to you? adult content

I got a teacher fired in 3rd grade because she called me a bitch in front of the whole classroom. Since we were all tattletales we marched to the principals office and ratted her out as a team. it was pretty intense and memorable.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• rolling on floorOMG hibbing! Hahahaha! Your posts always make me laugh....about lost my drink on that one! "marched to the principals office"!

khf22

Answer by khf22 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• When I was a Junior a student teacher slapped me across the face for saying 'duck butter'. She also got fired and is not allowed to teach grades under middle school level.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Wow, Jademom07-what did you do when she slapped you?
    Anonymous

• That's horrible! Esp for a 3rd grader! I could see a teacher being tempted to say that to a Jr. HS or HS student- but...- lol (Some days require a lot of self control!) I had pretty good teachers all thru school- so I would love to switch the quesion & see how many terrible things have been said to teachers? I bet they could write a book!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• in middle school - one of my teachers called me fat. i was fat, still not right though. my dad picked me up from school that day, and bugged me til i told him what was wrong (i had been crying, i had that teacher last period) and when i did, he yanked the car around, sped back to the school, made me wait in the car and marched inside. mr. varn wasn't there much longer after that..
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was home schooled all my life, the last three years I begged to go to high school and my mom's response was to send me to this worthless one day a week home school program called HOPE. The "teachers" as they thought to call themselves never really cared about teaching, well in the "spanish" class, the teacher there for some strange reason hated me from day one. I was the silent kid who just sat in the back I never participated but I didn't disrupt either. She was so into staying ahead of schedule that she would skip lessons and then give homework/quizzes on the lessons she skipped. I was turning in my homework half completed because I honestly didn't get the majority of it (I was told I would still get partial credit if I turned in some completed work). Well I kept getting F after F and one day she left the class room and I went up to her book of notes to see why and she was marking me as not turning anything CONT
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• lol - thanks khf! I have a lot of funnies. My Mom said I am not allowed to write my memoirs til AFTER she dies because she lived thru my craziness once and it was more than enough... hahaha. I was a nutjob and oh-so-boy-crazy. In high school they did a fundraiser to make the pool bigger and the entire school board called my Mom and me in for a meeting. They wanted to pay for a home tutor during the process 'cuz they knew I'd be flirting with all the construction workers. :) (my mom declined and I did not touch a single hard hat. I promise.)
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was totally being a bitch.... my Mom knew it, too, and we all felt rather bad the teacher got fired. The school had no choice, though. 25+ kids could not go home and report that to their parents without shame to the school district. The principal knew I deserved it as well. I was a nightmare. I am lucky she didn't try to strangle me.
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• she threw a book at me and my friend for talkin. and they didt do nothing but switch my class this was 4th grade!
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 4:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• does duck butter mean something? do I need to google it?
    hibbingmom