How many of you?

how many of you have accepted you will stay single for the rest of your life? i'm 45 and stbx left me for another woman over a year and half ago. i have accepted i will stay single.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• i totally accepted that for a long time. it was hard work! everyone i ever dated for an extended period of time wanted to marry me and i refused. but then mark came along and i got married at age 39. i think it's great that you don't feel the need to be in a relationship to be whole and happy. it could happen, but if it doesn't, meh. my grandma's best friend is in her 80s and never married. she rocks. she's happy. loving yourself is the best relationship you could ever have.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Everytime I said to myself ok....I will be single for the rest of my life....someone by chance walked into my life..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I like being with someone and having a partner. So I've never accepted that I will be single.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'm actually about to end something because I'd rather be single. Between work and kids, I don't have the time or energy leftover for someone/something else.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 2:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• nah i dont think so finally, you could meet the best guy tomorrow, dont give up on possibilities!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have only because I've learned that I am not good at it. It takes effort to make it work - you have to compromise and you have to share. I think I am too immature that way - I like my own space, I like doing things whenever I want to and I don't like putting up with mood swings or in-laws.

Maybe when I am over 60 I'll find a companion instead! (a 40-yr old one LOL).
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 2:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I thought I would of been! But i married the man of my dreams 7 months ago.. At age 33.
    jackieb1023

Answer by jackieb1023 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2008