was anyone ever induced at 39 wks or earlier do to any severe pain they were havinq ?

my doctor was thinkinq abt inducinq me thursday ill be 39 wks. &* 3 days. i really wanna be induced but i just dont know for sure if she'll do it. any ideas to qet her convinced because i really am in bad pain to the point were i need my husbands help in the shower because i cant stand up for lonq :/

kaidensxmommy24

Asked by kaidensxmommy24 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• one of my closest friends was induced early (i think 38 or 39 weeks) because the baby was on her sciatic nerve and she couldn't move. what kind of pain are you having? is it something that can be managed in other ways to get you by for a little while longer? im sorry you are in pain.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i dont for sure why im in pain i dont think its anythinq serious ive just been havinq very bad low back pain for the past two weeks &* for the last week my legs have been very sore also.. its just really not managable for me anymore. its to the point were i dont sleep anymore. &* thank you :)
    kaidensxmommy24

Comment by kaidensxmommy24 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was induced at 38 weeks. I had horrible back pain. Turned out the baby was 9lbs 3 oz so it made sense. I would've never gotten the baby out naturally had we waited so I'm glad that I was induced. She also said my water would've never broken on it's own...She had trouble breaking it. Just talk to your Dr. Most don't like to induce. Good luck!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was induced at 39 weeks, but not due to pain. That sounds pretty bad. Also, if I would have waited until I went into labor I would of had to get a c section so it worked out in the end. I believe babies are considered full term at 37 weeks so there shouldn't be any issue with inducing it.
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 5:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• thank you too everyone :)
    kaidensxmommy24

Comment by kaidensxmommy24 (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was induced because my labor did not preceed further naturally. The contractions are a lot stronger when induced.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2011