has anyone ever heard of this or had a child with it?

my oldest only grew in 1 tooth in the place where her "two front teeth" should have been. its not like theres a missing tooth, its like the two teeth grew in as 1 big tooth instead of two separate teeth. she is 4 now and i know within the next year she's going to start losing teeth. im wondering if her primaries are going to grow in correctly as two teeth or again as one? if that's the case she might require surgery to have the tooth split so it looks like two. she was seen by an ENT specialist when she was somewhere between 1-2 years old but it was hell for her which is why i dont want to take her back anytime soon. she also has not had a dental checkup yet but i plan to make an appointment for her before the end of the week. just curious if anyone knows about this, i know it's very rare and i myself have never known or seen another child with this problem.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Maybe X-rays will be able to tell the dentist whether it's one or two separate adult teeth that are going to be in waiting...
    Anonymous

• My son had only middle bottom tooth. Sine it is a bottom tooth they are not terribly concerned. I took him to a pediatric dentist.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• not sure. Definatly have dentist check
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• She should have started having regular six month checkups by her second birthday. Get her to a dentist

Answer by rkoloms at 10:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011