What would you do? My 12 year old son went to a friend's house today. While he was there, the friend's mom took a nap. She was the only adult home. Should I tell my son to leave their home if she does this again?

iluvtea

Asked by iluvtea at 5:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• You don't nap when your son is home and awake?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't see an issue with that. I would have an issue if the child was under 10...but 12? I was babysitting at that age.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• was the friend's house he was at a friend that is a girl? if not i really dont see the issue here. they are 12, not 2.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Unless you just don't trust the boys... I would think it's fine. I don;t know the kids though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wouldnt have a problem with it. I have taken naps with the kids in the house when they were younger then that.

Answer by gemgem at 5:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• More power to her if she can nap w/ 12 y/o boys in the house! -lol- It's not like they need constant supervision like a toddler would. But if you are not comfortable with that- have your son bring the friends to your house instead.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That depends... do you trust your son? or do you think he will get in trouble without constant adult supervision?? If these are the case then yes, ban him from going to friends houses.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't see a problem with it, if they were younger and needed constant supervision it would be more of a problem. But I guess whatever you're comfortable with is what you should base your decision on.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Do you trust your son and his friend to stay out of trouble? At 12, do they need constant supervision? My kids are younger than yours so I haven't been there yet, but I know when I was 12 I had already been a latchkey kid for several years and would stay home alone when my parents went out. I think I was even babysitting at that age. It would be okay with me, as long as the kids were trustworthy and there weren't outstanding issues that made me worry.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Do you think a 12-year-old can't wake someone if there's an emergency?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011