is diet pop really good for you or does it hve hidden indgredients

tammy372011

Asked by tammy372011 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• No Pop is good for you.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Well I wouldn't call it good for you... It is an empty drink with artificial sweeteners and flavors. Water, juice or flavored teas are the better way to go. I found an herbal mixed berry tea that taste like kool-aide!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Well nothing in soda is good for you per say, it just doesn't have sugar in it, most diet sodas have aspartame instead.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't say its good for you. But it is definatly better then regular. None is better if you can swing it. If you are a pop drinker and you stop drinking pop you can loose potentially 15lbs in a year (just from the no pop)
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No soda is "good for" you. Diet soda is a bit less bad for your teeth, and has almost no calories. It's not a multivitamin, it's not a vegetable, it's still junk food.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It's not "good" for you. It's just slightly not as bad as regular pop.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No soda is good for you and diet soda is actually worse than regular.
    Anonymous

• My cousin worked with a chemist from coke/pepsi. He told her that some things in there can be toxic in large quanities.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• no soda is good for you. and most juices are full of sugar water is your only safe bet.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• no soda is good. no hidden stuff in there either. carmel (in soda) is bad for you. artificial sweeteners are very bad for you. they can make arthritits worse, cause digestion probelms, headaches, lethargy, and more. But then non-diet sodas have a lot of sugar, can make you 15 pounds fatter a year by drinking one soda a day for a year. So, do you want the first set of problems or to be fat?

Personally, i enjoy soda. But i limit myself to 1-2 sodas a week and that's all. moderation. I had a bad habit a few years back. i drank 1-2 dt. sodas a day (cans, so really not that much i though). I was lethargic, headaches, arthritis, etc. I quit, after do reading a lot on artificial sweeteners, and boy the difference in how feel convinced me!

21lisa72...yes, artificial sweeteners in large quantities IS toxic. And daily consumption of dt. soda is large quantities. It's not natural stuff to be putting in our bodi
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 5:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2011