Did you know you were in labor? How?

I already went through preterm labor, never even knew I was having contractions, let alone exactly 2 minutes apart. The only reason I went to hospital is because I was cramping, but I kept going to bathroom thinking maybe I was just constipated. I am now 35 weeks and I been cramping for the past 12 hours or so, specially in my lower back, nothing helps not even the heating pad. I kinda feel like I need to make a bowel movement every hour or so. And my upper legs feel super sore from nothing! I don't feel like being hooked up to all those machine or laying in the hospital bed so I'm trying to just wait and see if the cramps go away. Late last night I swear it felt like my sons arm came out of me. It wasn't like a pain it just felt like a lot of pressure, twice. I feel stupid, but I still don't know what contractions feel like so I can't count anything!

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My water broke and cramping started. Pretty unmistakable. Not much help to you.........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• An intense amount of pain that was consistent. It was so bad I couldn't sleep. I went into labor with both my kids at 4 in the morning.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I didn't know- luckily I was in the hospital to be induced in the morning.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i was induced all 3 times, so i'm not much help, but call your dr. and let them make the decision for you on if you should come in or not. I was having braxton hicks contractions 1 day and didn't know if it was real or not because i never went into labor on my own with my first 2, and he said only come in if the contractions have been consistantly 5 minutes apart for about 2-4 hours or if the pain is so horrible that i can't take it anymore. So call them and see what they say.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I usually had back pain and then stomache pain closer together.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2011