Is it "ok" to show some belly even if you are skinny?

I don't want to see your belly no matter how skinny or fat you are. I know it's to show off for the guys but really is it really the "in" thing ?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I think if your shirt rides up and you're unintentionally showing a little bit of belly, that's just fine. It's not really your fault.

But if you constantly dress like Britney Spears did in 1999...well now you just look easy.

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think showing your belly is trashy

Answer by Christine113 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'd have to agree. It's kind of trashy. Mid -driff (sp?) spells 13 year old to me.

Answer by JDanesMommy at 1:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• What I hate are short tops and low riding pants. I don't want to see your crack - I don't care how skinny you are. My daughter has embarrassed woman/girls before by letting then know she can see their butt.

Answer by lanckn at 2:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think belly is kinda 90's in my opinion.

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 2:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Too Shania Twain. I think longer length tops are in right now anyway.

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Bare bellies went out when waistlines dropped.

Answer by Kestrel1 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• They are great if your like 3 and still in a diaper..I think it is rather trashy for grown women

Answer by mamakirs at 6:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I agree, it's VERY 90's...and it wasn't cool even then! I'm so glad the long and lean shirt look is in, and I'm a pretty thin girl!

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think now a days the style is longer tank tops and stuff, but that doesn't mean everyone has to wear the same style just because it's "in" and what makes a girl trashy is that she sleeps around. I wear tank tops that show my stomach sometimes. I weigh around 110 lbs. I worked hard to get my pre baby body back and my husband thinks it's sexy when I dress like that. He's proud of me and my body and anyone who knows me knows I'm not trash. I know some girls don't like it because their belly isn't so in shape.. well stop being jealous and get it in shape. I shouldn't have to hide my good qualities to make others feel better about themselves and their lack of discipline to get in shape. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but I can't stand haters on moms who go the extra mile to look great.

Answer by punkrockmom153 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 27, 2009