Is this normal?

Okay, so. I'm 38 weeks 2 days pregnant. I'm having off and on back pains. And my chest hurts a little the whole way into my back. I think it may be indigestion though. And every time i stand up i feel alot of pressure kinda where you button your pants and on my pelvic bone. I've never felt this before. And i don't notice my tummy getting tight or anything so i'm not sure if their contractions, can anyone help?

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Watch for the pains and see if they are consistent. From what you described it may be back labor, I had it with my first pregnancy. Take a warm bath and like I said get a watch and time the pains. If they are 5 minutes apart get your hiney to L&D
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I was just at the hospital yesterday for my blood pressure. I'd hate to make a trip down there for no reason! Their not intense pains. And i don't feel them as much when i sit but when i stand up BAM! There it is. Also, i'm feeling extremely naseus(sp?). I feel like i could blow chunks at any second !
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would go see a doctor anyways it's better safe then sorry at this point. There is no dumb reason to see a doctor when you're this far along. What you described sounds what I went through but I had pain when I laid down.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Oh btw, I had an appointment on the 7th, went home with normal check up and delivered my baby less then 24 hours later. I went into labor about 12 hours after I left
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It's probably worse when i lay down also. But, did you feel it when you were sitting down too? And, any idea about the nausea?
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I just went to the bathroom a little bit ago (BM). It feels almost like i could go again.. And everytime it happen my back hurts worse. Like right now it's happening, it'll feel like that then my back will start to ache worse even when sitting down.
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• sounds like ur in labor to me
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 5:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• sounds like contractions to me
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I feel even sicker when i stand up ! Lol this is my first pregnancy, and i barely had any sickness. What should i do!?
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• call; the ob or the nurse and go to labor and delvery they will hook you up and check you and see whats going on.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2011