WHY are women so judgemental with each other?

I know not everyone is, but I have noticed that with a lot of women, if you don't do everything EXACTLY as they do for lifestyle choices, raising family descisions, etc. some women get really snarky like THEIRS is the only way. Why can't we leave it at "She does things differently that I do and it works for her and her family?" WHY get snotty and argumentative?
It'd be nice if more moms banded together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Darnit, I've wondered the same thing! lol, I mean these forums are mostly meant for support...not fighting...I can only imagine what those ladies are like in person. Eeek
    jasper311

Answer by jasper311 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• What a perfect world that will be.... We can complain all we want about it but it's never going to change. Some women are just so hard headed and believe in what they do so much they just want to nag about it to everyone.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wish more women were like this I am nice to any & everybody I don't judge or look at any one different because of the choices they have made we are all unique in out own little ways we need to learn to support & be there for each other.

Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Good question..been wondering about this for YEARS! I think a lot has to do with societies image of what a woman is "supposed" to be like and therefore many women have become insecure. I really don't know. It would be a much better place if we could love each other and not compete with and judge each other.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 5:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm sure there's a prize for whoever has the amswer to that one. I'm going to have to say though it is because we are stubborn, hormonal, and sober. At least in this section a little Rum, a Little Jack Sparrow, and a snuggie can cure most of our issues
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It really would be a great world if everyone just excepted each other for the way they are and not try to change everyone into the pattern they think they should be. too bad not everyone feels the same way you do.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 5:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• its not even just mothers. its just women in general. i remember being in college and alot of my sorority sisters would be like that. they wanted it their way or it was wrong. and i have had friends too like that from high school. i think getting women together in general can be like that. i don;t judge unless someone judges me first and then ofcourse i defend myself and my decisions. i try to see both sides and make my own decision.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 a minute ago

I agree with all of the above EXCEPT for the Jack Sparrow part...ick.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• People can say anything they want on here make their lives sound so much better then they actualy are. The mean ones are proubly treated bad in real life so their mean to people on here.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Apparently mothering is a competitive sport. A gross oversight that they left that little tidbit out of all those What to Expect books.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2011