IS IT OK FOR A HUSBAND TO LUNCH WITH WOMEN BEHIND WIFE'S BACK

THEY WERE FORMER BUSINESS ASSOCIATES BUT DO NOT DO BUSINESS TOGETHER NOW. I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT IT UNTIL I SAW AN EMAIL BY ACCIDENT BY ONE OF THE WOMEN ASKING HIM TO LUNCH. SHE WOULD NOT STOP, FINALLY I HAD TO CALL HER AND SAY IT INAPPROPRIATE FOR HER TO INVITE A MARRIED MAN TO LUNCH S OFTEN. THAT DID NOT STOP HER, SHE EVEN HAD A FRIEND TRY TO CALL AND EMAIL HIM, TOO.

PILLOWTALK123

Asked by PILLOWTALK123 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• No it is not appropriate I think you did the right thing by telling her it was not ok, you may need to have your hubby step in to reinforce that

Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thanks for answering. He feels if he says something to her the whole thing will start up again. I rather he stay away from her.
    PILLOWTALK123

Comment by PILLOWTALK123 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No i do not think its ok for anyone man or women to go behind eachothers back. If u have to hide or ask urself what im doing is ok Chances are it is not ok.. And as for the women pushing u need to tell ur husband him himself needs to call this women and tell her no he doesnt want to go to lunch or maybe invite u to lunch with them
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• IS IT OK FOR A HUSBAND TO LUNCH WITH WOMEN...yes
    BEHIND WIFE'S BACK...no
    SHE WOULD NOT STOP...nuts/crazy /desparate/phyco
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You should not be mad at her ortry to stop her. You should be mad at your DH and be talking to him about this. No female can do anything unless your DH lets them.

Answer by louise2 at 6:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thank you for your comments. I think he thought he want not doing anything wrong, but now he realizes that it was.
    PILLOWTALK123

Comment by PILLOWTALK123 (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think it's not ok to have lunch behind the wife's back. I think though that it's up to the husband to stop it. I think it sounds as if he is encouraging it.
    My dh has kunch everyday with women at the factory he works at doesn't mean he's having lunch with them they are just there. I wouldn't be mad about that I would be mad if I found out they left togther and went somewhere but I'm pretty sure that's not going to be happening
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't mind if he had lunch in a cafateria but it the going to a restaurant with women that bother me
    and also not telling me about it.
    PILLOWTALK123

Comment by PILLOWTALK123 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Obviously there is something else going on. No "friend" would be so persistent to have lunch with a former business associate unless there was more to the story. And the fact that he didn't tell you. Good luck :(
    MommyMexicano87

Answer by MommyMexicano87 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Man to have lunch with other women and the wife/SO knows...that is ok

Man to have lunch with other women behind wife/SO back...not ok

Your husband needs to be the one to talk to this woman and stop the lunches, NOT YOU. He needs to take care of it, otherwise the woman will keep coming around just to tick you off.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011