I'm I being paid to little for babysitting a 4 month old? $450 month

I am a stay at home mom. so i can be there for my kids (16 yrs old & 4 yr old) i started babysitting 3 weeks ago.. he's not a very happy baby & trying to figure out his moods etc. so far my sons have had to suffer because of this baby. missed rides, school work etc. its full time 9 hrs aday.. she does come visit on her hour lunch, her hubby is sometimes home early and NEVER comes to get him.. he screams a lot, just out of the blue. so when i finally get him asleep i don't want to move him.. and then i'm stuck at home or my kids call and I can't help them.. i want the extra money. but is that to low? a place like kindercare is $250 a week. and i'm not a darycare, but it just seems to low!
thanks for your help.
also i've been doing babysitting off & on for 15 yrs and this is close to the lowest of done it for fulltime. the other was family

hannahsmom0107

Asked by hannahsmom0107 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• When I babysat I asked $100 a week. $450 seems fair but if you a miserable doing it, more money isn't going to change that.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Seems ok to me
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• * "but if you are," not "if you a"
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think $450 seems like a good price. I wouldnt pay more than $100 a week for someone to watch my baby.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It doesnot seem like this is working out and is causing issues for your own family.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• 9 hours a day id ask for at leat 160 a week
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 6:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sounds pretty reasonable. Just sounds like you are miserable babysitting this baby because he is hard to care for. Perhaps you can ask the mother what works for her in helping him calm and let her know you are having a hard time with him.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• thanks!!
    hannahsmom0107

Comment by hannahsmom0107 (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I think it is fair. I wouldn't pay more than $125 a week. That is normal price for an infant in this area and that is for a fully licensed facility.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sounds like a good price to me...im with first poster...i asked 100 a week and that was overnight from the time kids got out of school to the time they went to school the next day m-f. More money wont help you enjoy an angry baby any more....and it wont help with your kids calling and you not being able to help. I would take care of your kids rather then someone elses. Just my opinion.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011