Secret to shaving private area w/out bumps, itching, & irritation? adult content

I'm having a c-section in a couple months and was told that if you don't shave down there that a nurse will for you. So I'd rather do it myself and since that area will be so tender already, what is the secret to shaving it w/out irritation, bumps, & itching? Every time I've shaved there in the past it is extremely irritating for a few days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've had two c-sections in the last 5 years and they never shaved me. Maybe if you want to trim it, that'd be better. Just use an electric shaver. Hope this helps! I mean, the last thing you want to do is be in pain and be itchy. Not really an ideal situation with a newbie baby! :)
    MommyMexicano87

Answer by MommyMexicano87 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Scrub really hard with a poof or a loofah. Shave in the direction of hair growth. Wear cotton for at least 24 hours after. I have been shaving down there since I started getting hair. I have never seen myself with hair. They don't make you shave anymore. Just a little bit but not the whole thing. They also usually just use an electric razor.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• A tip I tried that I actually read about from another lady on here, was to gently rub astringent on the area after you shave. It does sting a little bit, but I didn't have that 'going to itch my crotch off' feeling after using it. Don't use a dull razor, and use something nice and creamy and moisturizing while shaving. I use my daughter's Aveeno baby wash, it's very thick and works well. Start shaving in advance and do upkeep on your lady bits every few days.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Im an or tech.....they do shave it but usualy with an eletric razor (it depends on the hospital) with the eletric razor there wont be any irratation....this is a "stripper trick" (no offence intended) but after you shave and dry yourself off put deoderant on where you shaved.(prevents razorburn aka little red itichy bumps) good luck!
    Anonymous

• I had no idea about all of this thanks for asking this question
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have heard putting deorderant on after shaving the external areas (not internal) and they make a cream at the store for this issue.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2011