Nail biting issues with an 18 mos

I had fake nails on for a wedding. I got all but one off. So i used my teeth to pry it off. My daughter was on my lap. When she saw me stick my nail in my mouth, she did as well. Now, is been 3 days, and she won't keep her fingers out of her mouth. She's constantly chewing on her nails of her index fingers. They're red and they look all jagged. What do I do? She's too young to actually try and explain that this could hurt her. My SO is not very happy with me because she got it from me (kinda but I dunno) so I need to do something about her poor baby fingers. Any advice? Help!

MommyMexicano87

Asked by MommyMexicano87 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im in the same boat but i dont wear fake nails the last time i worn them dd was about 6mo old and shes 3 now..i hae the same problem idk where she gets it from when i see her do it i tell her to stop it she bites them way off they are super short idk ..if u find a solution let me know ...good luck
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 6:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Try keeping her hands busy when you see her doing it. Get out crayons and color, or paint. Play with her to get her mind off of doing it.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 7:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2011