Question about craigslist- recalled baby items

I have been browsing craigslist looking for something specific, and I am running into a lot of people that are selling recalled baby items. Has this ever happened to you before? Should I contact the seller and let them know the product has been recalled and not safe to sell?

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Shopping

• I have never seen that before, but you have some options! You can email the seller if you are feeling confident, or you can always flag the post, and have some friends/family flag the post as well. ( If there are more flags, it is more likely to get looked at sooner). If I were you, I would defiantly take that initiative, because there are lots of people ( including me) searching on craigslist...and I am pretty unaware of recalled items. Thank you for being so knowledgeable and observant!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have done that a few times with items. Expired car seats and recalled cribs and stuff like that. I have found that most people just don't care. They just want the money they could get from selling the item.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• That's what I figured..... pretty sad and disgusting that people don't care about babies safety and just want money!
    Namaste17

Comment by Namaste17 (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011