what are some sacrifices you have made since becoming a parent?

SimplyErathy

Asked by SimplyErathy at 6:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I can't do whatever I want when I want. I no longer shop for me because my son might need something. I wouldn't trade being a single mom for anything though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I sacrificed my young adult years. My body. My ability to put make up on and do my hair like young women at 18 can. I sacrificed going to college and had to wait until I could afford it. I can probably go on and on but I would never change it. Its been well worth all the sacrifices.

Answer by gemgem at 6:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• dropping everything & going shopping whenever I want too...out w/hubby...going to the movies....I wouldn't trade it for my 2 dd's though
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• About the same as every other parent, no spontaneous outtings, going out whenever you want to. I don't see these as sacrafices though. It's part of the responsibilitys of being a parent and I chose to take that roll, so I'm perfectly fine with that:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have given up everything that was "me" prior to having my son. My bleached hair, fake nails, pedicures, fancy car...EVERYTHING. You know, I thought I would be bitter, but I am happier now than I ever was with those things.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I gave up a job. I had become an assistant manager for a company and had just become salaried. I went down to hourly pay with regular hours.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 7:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have sacrificed my "me" life, for "our" life. (If that makes any sense) Nothing is about 'me" anymore, because my husband and kids are my life and it's all about them. Definetly a worthwhile sacrifice in the long run, but it's not always easy to look at it that way.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 9:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• A lot, but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it! Wouldn't have it any other way!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Too many too mention, but I really don't look at it as a sacrafice, I knew what I was doing when I decided to have kids.
    I have 5 children, and would not trade my life for anything.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2011