Should I wait?

My boyfriend and I recently started trying to conceive.
Today I got offered another job, which is very tempting. I'll be replacing someone on maternity leave for a year (starting next summer). Should we stop trying for now? It's a small company with 2 employees. Say I got pregnant next month and had to tell them in a couple of months, I guess they'd be disappointed?
I'm happy about the job but I'm so disappointed to have to wait even longer to have a baby. We've been waiting for the perfect moment for so long already! We're only 28, but still...

grenouille

Asked by grenouille at 6:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Why wait? If its only for a year then you can hold off maybe 4-5 mths and then try. You would be set to deliver after the lady on maternity leave comes back.

Answer by gemgem at 6:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Which means I should wait for almost another year... (Her maternity leave will start this summer..)
    grenouille

Comment by grenouille (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• True. Do you need to take this new job or can you stay with your present position? If TTC is more important then you will have to discuss whether you should even be taking this other job. If you can wait another 5 or 6 months before TTC, then you could take this job and then be able to leave for YOUR mat leave at just the right time; now, this is if, in fact, you get pregnant right away once you begin trying.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 8:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thank you.
    I really don't know what I want more at the moment. Well, I do want the baby more, but at the same time this is a job offer I just can't refuse. I'll be starting part time and my hours will increase and next summer I'll be working full time (don't worry I have a second job until next summer).

*sigh*. Maybe we can still ttc now for a couple of months, while I'm working there part time.. and then once I'm close to start working full time we can stop for couple of months.

I just feel like I'm putting my life on hold for this other pregrant woman. She's only due in August so you know, anything can happen. I do wish her the best. At the same time even if we're trying now I might not can pregnant before several months, maybe even years..!
    grenouille

Comment by grenouille (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2011