So have you heard....

About the 90 girls pregnant at a Memphis High school?
What are you thoughts? What do you think as parents, Role Models, as a society period can we do to try to prevent it or maybe slow it down?

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 6:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow! That is ridiculous!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... I read it as a Yahoo article from the original
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm thinking the parents aren't paying enough attention to their kids.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Society? No.. Parents need to get their heads out of the asses and PARENT their children.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I read the article thats absolutely crazy, I think like the last 3 years should be seen as like the baby boomer times, more and more teens and even older woman pregnant!!
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I agree with mommy of two and grlygrlz. nothing more to be said there....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Unreal. I can't believe that's serious, but I do believe it at the same time. Maybe Redbull should make a birth control energy drink or something. What can you do really? There are loving families that raise their children right, give them all the right guidance and opportunities and information and they still get pregnant.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• There was a posting about it here not too long ago.  You can read some of the comments here as well. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The problem? Parents teaching their children that underage sex is ok, the government makes it WAY too easy to be a teen parent, it is fun and glamorous to be a mommy because you get tons of attention from everyone, parents need to stop pushing blood clot/heart attack causing birth control that isn't even 100% and teach their kids that there is no way to prevent to pregnancy completely and there is certainly no way to prevent deadly diseases
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I dont know what I think but I dont blame the parents. How many women here are teen moms>? How many blame their parents for getting pregnant? How many knew they should have used safe sex? I dont see teen moms here bashed very much because as moms we have an understanding that we knew what caused the pregnancy. I was a teen mom with a stable home life and still got pregnant. I knew the risks and chose to take them.
    I do think there is a glamorization with taking teen kids and making them stars in shows just because they got pregnant. There is a girl in NC they did an article on whose oh so excited she was picked to be on Teen mom. It makes you wonder if some of them dont think they might get picked and get to be on TV?

Answer by gemgem at 7:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011