HOW ON EARTH???

I need my 3 year old son to cut his hair!!! Short of sitting on him and shaving his head... ~*Giggles*~

Keep in mind I've tried everything, including bribing with candy and a happy meal... and he watched our 5 year old get his done at the salon... I NEED HIM TO, Lice freaks me out and notice was sent last week at my 5 year old's school. I do not want to have to catch much less treat this... GROSS.. I'm itching as I think about it, my arms and hands feel like they are crawling... and I know we don't have it... just wanna prevent it if possible

MommaClark3

Asked by MommaClark3 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• take him to him to a kids hair cutting place or have his dad or a male family member take him to the barber. My son was absolutaley terrified. I think he got cut one time. This went on until he was 5or 6 . We had tried kids cuts but he hated it. One day my than boyfriend took him to the barber just the two of them they both got hair cuts, Kind of a guys day out with all the men their my boyfriend told him its an all guys place and you cant cry were guys hang out. That was it no more crying ever again it was like majic!!!!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• lol im sorry, i dont have any advice on how to get it done, but be careful i remember when i was a little girl, i got it over and over again, because there was lice in the carpet at the school..
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Take a handheld video game.... He will be preoccupied with the game. If you don't have one, ask if the stylist will talk him through it and show him the different tool she is using, my son gets a kick out of that!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I asked my hairdresser how she did her son's hair. She puts him in the tub with cool toys and picks up and snips little bits at a time. Then, the rinse off and re-bathe. I don't have a tub and cannot imagine cutting hair in the shower, so we put his favorite DVD into a portable player and set it on the table in front of him. Then, my husband cut his hair (scissors and clippers with a #4 guard thing). It worked great! He squirmed a bit, but much better than the screaming! If there is a place around you that specializes in little dude haircutting, it would be worth the $$, I hear they are great!

Good luck.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 9:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011