4 year old with stomach pain

My 4 year old has been having trouble with her stomach. She constantly complains of stomach pain, and has really large hard poops. I have a hard time getting her to eat barely anything at all because she says it gives her a belly ache. Her stomach does get really hard when she complains of pain but it's pain so bad that she's squirming around and crying in her bed at night. Her doctor did a urinalysis and everything came back fine, they tried a stool softener and that still didn't help. The symptoms are worse with the more milk or dairy products she consumes, so I limit her dairy intake. She is very pale and has bags under her eyes. She really does not look good. I'm going to make another appointment for her tomorrow, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms in their child before?

sugaree

Asked by sugaree at 7:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• Have you tried prune juice to see if she is constipated.

Answer by louise2 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I have not. But I will pick some up and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion!
    sugaree

Comment by sugaree (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'd agree with louise. Also, does she eat things with fiber? Fresh fruits and veggies, maybe some bran muffins, cooked beans, etc.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I try to get her to eat as much fruits and veggies as possible. She, of course, like any 4 year old wants anything but what is good for her, but she's been doing well with her fruits and veggies. I give her oatmeal and raisins and 100% juice and try to give her lots of water to keep her hydrated.
    sugaree

Comment by sugaree (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• ? have her worked up for lactoce intolerence
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011