Should people explain why they are voting down?

I see people vote down fr the dumbest reasons but no one ever says why they vote down. Do you think we should start explain why a vote down was done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in About CafeMom

• No. If you get voted down. It is because people did not like what you said.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I dont think so I mean is it that important that you might get a vote down? I know it doesnt ruin my day, my life or change my point of view when someone votes me down.

Answer by gemgem at 7:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Sounds like a good plan. Should we do the same for the people who post anon? :)
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It's a power trip. Let them get their jollies. I've only started paying attn to the votes up and down in the last week or so. The sad part is I've seen very few answers voted down that were really offensive..or the answer was dangerous. Disagreeing with someones opinion is reason enough for some to vote down. I just try to move on and leave them to their sad, sorry lives.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• No. I could care less if people vote me down. It won't change my opinion. I've been voted down for many stupid reasons. Been cote down for saying I like Coke over Pepsi. Saying I like Snickers bars. Some people just vote down just to be a B****
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Some people on this site have no life!! I think it's humorous:) I can't believe a site for grown adults even has this option. JMO. I do vote up because it's a lazy way to answer a question(I vote up answers the way I would've answered them).
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Odd, isn't it?
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I don't think being voted down is something worth getting my panties in a bunch over. I don't want an explanation. I vote down people because they're rude or giving bad advice. 9 times out of 10 I'm not the only one voting them down either and I don't feel like I should have to explain myself.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Normally, I have a pretty good idea as to why I got voted down. Still, sometimes I'm like WTF? If I post a good, honest answer to a question and get voted down just because it wasn't the answer people wanted to hear, that upsets me.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 8:38 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Only if you also have to explain why you are voting up. People spend way to much time obsessing over this issue.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2011