Diapers!!!

So, I am due in 5 months, yay me!! All of my friends and family have told me that I should try to start buying diapers, wipes, and things now if I see them on sale. Well, what is a good or "on sale" price for diapers and wipes? What is the best brand of diapers and wipes? what other things should I start buying right now? I am not sure when to start buying things...or what entirely I need.

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 7:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Shopping

• I love LUVs diapers. They seem to hold the best (for me). Wipes I use any kind (usually the cheep refils cause they cost less. I would check the sale ads in your area for stuff on sale and use coupons. I have learned that prices vary depending on where you are. Also a suggestion: When/if you have a baby shower (or even baby gifts at the hospital) you can put on the invitation to please contribue diapers or that it is a diaper shower. (I got lots of diapers that way).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Honestly, would wait, save the money that you would be spending on them now, and wait until after you have had the baby. I stocked up before I had my son, and he was alergic to pampers and any off brands like target... The only ones that worked were huggies, and since some of the. Had been bout three four months before, I couldn't return them, I had to give the. Away. Save your money until after your little one is born...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I would buy a few different brands but not to many of one size as babys grow fast! some people swear by one brand while others swear by another each individula is different and their needs arenot the same.
    Also think about buying the nursery furnituer, baby bedding and decor. Maternity bras for your self are also very important. A special baby towel and washer are a nice little treat for the little one!

Good Luck!

shirl16

Answer by shirl16 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Have you considered cloth diapers? We love cloth diapering. Even my husband complains about disposables on the rare occasion that we use them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i used pampers newborn for my kids when they were born , but throughout the years ive used every brand thats out there. The cheaper diapers sometimes leak but luvs was decent for the price, so i always stuck with huggies from 6 months on.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Start checking freecycle and consignment shops for CLOTH diaper, washcloths, etc. There is no need to waste money every week on disposables

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• luvs, best quality for money. and parents choice wipes are great.
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011