I am sorry, but what gives?

What is with all the questions about oh my child is sick or I just saw one I have chest pain but I am only 20. What should I do? If my child was sick I'd be at the ER or if I had chest pain. I do not get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Health

• Some people don't like to go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• I agree some people don't like th dr. I personally would stop everything i was doing to take my kids to the dr/er. and see one myself if i had issues
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i just posted one about my childs fever and the reson i did was because my hubby has the car and i have a hard time converting from celsus to faranhit. so thats why i posted it
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• In regards to the children's questions I'm not sure to be honest, but then again I've been in plenty of times and they've told me that it's absolutely nothing and I'm ridiculous for coming (i'm a worrier) so now I'm well versed in when to go. However first time moms aren't and may worry about making a mistake or it may be difficult for them to get there. As to adult health problems it can take a long time to get an appointment at the doctors and going to the ER may be impossible due to childcare or lack of transport.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Some people avoid the doctor as much as possible. It took me 19 gall bladder attacks to go to the ER. With my little ones unless they are heavily bleeding or in severe pain I keep them at home. Sometimes it is nice to get an outsiders opinion or experience on things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Some of us don't have quick or easy access to an ER - it just isn't feasible to run to the ER at the drop of a hat for every little thing. Some of our doctors don't have after-hours numbers, or nurse hotlines, or anything like that. Some of us don't have phones, or cars, or insurance. Some of use just want to know if it's realy something to worry about - by asking if anyone else has had the same issue. Yes, if my child is really sick or something, I will call 911, but not everyone is able to.
    Anonymous

• I frequently wonder the same thing!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 9:48 PM on Jan. 18, 2011