4 year old vagina issues

My 4 year old has been saying her wooohoo hurts and won't let me wipe her or wash or even look at it. When I was able to look at it looks red and has white stuff in it. She was on antibodics about a month ago. I try and wash her as good as I can down in that area but it's hard because she won't let me. SHE IS NOT ABUSED she's home with me 24/7. She does itch herself , never have caught her touch herself but I have seen her itch herself when she has clothes on. Is it a yeast infection, is it just normal. She goes in for her 4 year check up in Feb. I put diaper rash cream on it and it seems to help when she lets me put it on her.
She also wears pulls up at night still since she still wets the bed. She only wears panties during the day. Could it be the pull ups causing it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011 in Kids' Health

• The fact that you mentioned antibotics makes me think yeast infection.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I'm so tired of hearing what parents CANT do.  Worse than my 4 year old boy.  Stop doubting yourself.  She won't LET you wash her area?  Is this a joke!  YOU are the parent.  Take her to the Dr and find out for sure but it sounds like a yeast infection. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I AM ONLY TRYING TO BE 100% RESPECTFUL WHEN I SAY THIS! Take her right back to the doctor If you don't you are risking your child getting pneumonia! My daughter got very sick last year after having a yeast infection that I never knew she had poor baby! She also ended up with a severe upper respiratory infections as well.So all together my baby spent her 2009 Christmas in the hospital with IV'S and was diagnosed with Yeast Infection,Severe Upper Respiratory Infection,and Pneumonia! After treating her with the Antibiotics she ended up with another yeast infection which I made sure they treated her for that so she could finish up her pneumonia medication.Please take her back or it could get as serious as my baby did.My daughter is 4 now as well! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR DD AND GOOD LUCK!
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 8:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• My sister was always getting yeast infections as a child; doctors said it was because of taking baths as opposed to taking showers. Check with your doctor about that when you take your daughter back. Has anyone else been told this??
    VanBurren

Answer by VanBurren at 9:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I honestly don't know what's causing it but I would take her back in right now instead of make her wait so long in discomfort. Maybe try starting night time training and don't put pull ups on her at night for a week and see if it helps clear it up. I hope it works and she feels better.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It sounds like it could be a yeast infection to me, which can happen to any little girls given the nature of the area. I would take her to the doctor and see if they can give her a medication.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• it sounds like an infection. i would take her to the doctor
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Did you change brand of pull-ups? And tell her if she wants it to feel better let you put diaper cream on it. It might be from constant heated wetness at night that's causing an infection from bacteria. Or it's just irritated from her itching. My cousin is 8 and she and her friend who is also 8 tend to touch each other there. I've walked into her bedroom with them completely naked and it looks like they've seen a ghost. Ask her if she's been itching there or touching there before it became painful. It may just be a bacterial infection, or she has a UTI. Is the white stuff chunky or creamy?
    sbushman13011

Answer by sbushman13011 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• It sounds like a yeast infection. You need to take her to the doctor for it and don't wait until February.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• She probably has a yeast infection. Antibiotics always give me n my daughter yeast infections. Try giving her some probiotics like acidophilus, they make them chewable and for childern as well, u can even buy the capsul ones and open thema dn poor them righ ton her lil whoohoo. It works like magic it will fell better in mins. Also try letting her be nakie w/ a shirt on or something make sure shes not scratching it cuz it can be very itchy but if she breaks the skin its really going to hurt .. Also try and keep surgery food and carbs for a lil bit yeast feed off of that stuff
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2011